Top Ten Queer Cinema Films
In the spirit of Pride, here's my top ten queer cinema list. It was extremely difficult. My goal was to pick films that focused on the challenges and beauty of the community while also being amazing films. The list is very debatable as there are so many worthy entries.
Here we go!
1. Carol -Todd Haynes
2. Brokeback Mountain -Ang Lee
3. Weekend -Andrew Haigh
4. Milk -Gus Van Sant
5. The Birdcage -Mike Nichols
6. A Single Man -Tom Ford
7. My Beautiful Laundrette- Stephen Frears
8. Boys Don't Cry -Kimberly Peirce
9. Blue is the Warmest Color - Abdellatif Kechiche
10. Tangerine -Sean S. Baker
The Life and Times of Harvey Milk, Poison, La Cage aux Folles, Dog Day Afternoon, and Heartbeats